FAQ & TIPS
- Be sure your skin is clean, dry and free of oil/lotion. (Prepping with rubbing alcohol highly recommended)
- Remove clear cover
- Prepare a thoroughly soaked cloth or sponge for application (the more water the better)
- Place the tattoo face down on an area of the body that is safe from "wear and tear", creasing of the skin or friction. (*see below for recommended placement)
- Apply wet cloth or sponge over entire tattoo, keeping your hand still while pressing firmly and evenly for 30-45 seconds
- Remove tatto paper, drizzle some water over the tattoo to seal the adhesive and voíla!
RECOMMENDED PLACEMENT: inner/outer forearm, shoulder, collarbone. Feet and hands are not recommended for long-term wear.
- STICKINESS? This is normal. It’s just excessive adhesive that you can gently wash off with soap and water. You can also apply a little baby powder on the tattoo if you ever find your tattoo sticky.
- SHININESS/SHEEN? This wears off naturally within a couple hours. A dash of baby powder will also remove any sheen.
- NATURAL WEAR: Natural wear of the tattoo occurs throughout the life of tattoo and there may be some fading/"show through" of the tattoo. This is normal. Thicker lines don't wear out as fast as thin lines.
- REMOVAL OF TATTOO: Use household tape, baby oil, rubbing alcohol, or hand sanitizer
HOW LONG DOES THE INK LAST ON SKIN?The ink will last 2-5 days on average (up to 10 days with careful application and attentive care). Length of wear depends on skin type, how, and where, the tattoo is applied, and careful application. Using a little rubbing alcohol to clean/prep the skin increases length of wear. (Excessive sweat and heat reduces the life of the tattoo.) Do not apply tattoos on hot or sweaty skin, or skin with lotion, as they will not adhere to skin properly. See application tips for more detailed information.
CAN I SHOWER WITH MY INK?Yes, water and most soaps will not remove your tattoo, but do avoid any scrubbing of ink directly.
ARE THE TATTOOS SAFE FOR APPLICATION TO MY SKIN?
Safety is the highest priority at My Ink My Story. All My Ink My Story tattoos are made in the U.S. using FDA certified colorants, and every tattoo meets or exceeds all U.S., Canadian and European Union regulatory requirements, including FDA, CPSC and ASTM. Our tattoos have been rigorously tested as safe and non-toxic, and meet or surpass safety standards for cosmetics and toy products.
Not tested on animals, and contain no animal products.
Temporary tattoos are not recommended for those with very sensitive skin, or if allergic to adhesives. Do not apply near eyes or open wounds. Not intended for children under 4 years old.
Tattoo ingredients (includes FDA certified colorants): Vinyl Acrylate Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 7 (CI 15850)
Testing and Compliance
All of our temporary tattoos are tested annually to ensure that they meet or exceed the following regulations and requirements
CONCERNED ABOUT SOY ALLERGIES?Our temporary tattoos do contain an ingredient called, glycine soya, which is associated with the soybean. However, the glycine soya has not posed allergic risks. It is an oil that is a drying agent. What that means is that it hardens to coat the surfaces of the ink in the tattoo. The allergy comes from residual protein in the oil, but, once the oil hardens, if any at all protein exists, it would be incorporated into the coating from the “drying”. Drying means that the unsaturated oils in the total oil react with oxygen, in turn they form a clear polymer. This coating encapsulates the inks and other ingredients of the tattoo, in addition to the adhesive which acts as a barrier between the tattoo and the skin.
HOW ARE TEMPORARY TATTOOS APPLIED?
*PLEASE SEE THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE*
HOW CAN TEMPORARY TATTOOS BE REMOVED?You can remove temporary tattoos with rubbing alcohol, baby oil, or transparent household tape. Temporary tattoos are resistant to water and most soaps.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM/MAXIMUM CUSTOM TEMPORARY TATTOO QUANTITIES THAT CAN BE PURCHASED?
The minimum order quantity for classic custom tattoos is 25 pieces per design. There is no maximum order size. For custom larger quantities, email us at: Hello@MyInkMyStory.com
WHAT METHODS CAN I USE TO PAY FOR MY TEMPORARY TATTOOS?You may use Visa, MasterCard or American Express, Paypal, ApplePay.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO PROCESS AND SHIP MY INK?
Once we receive final approval on artwork, production on your custom tattoos begins on the next business day. To determine your delivery date, add the production time to the shipping time you have selected. Standard production time for custom classic temporary tattoos is 7 business days (this does not include shipping time). Because we print all types of custom tattoos, production times for special orders or unique requests may differ. Guaranteed 7 business day excludes special circumstances such as proofs, or anything outside a basic custom order, as well as changes, and payment delays. Here are some guidelines to help you figure out when you should be expecting your temporary tattoos:
- Proofs. We do not automatically provide digital proofs for custom tattoo orders. Our in-house art department will ensure that your artwork is set-up and ready for print for no additional charge. If you require a proof of your artwork, please leave a note in the special instructions when placing your order online. A proof may delay shipping your order by 1-2 business days. Email proofs are free upon request.
- Changes: Any change that is requested after you have place your order and submitted artwork may delay production time and will be subject to a change fee. Your custom temporary tattoos will be individually cut to size, rubber-banded in bundles, and bagged in bulk.
NOTE: If you would like to know when we plan to ship your package, you can email us at: Hello@MyInkMyStory.com
HOW WILL MY INK BE PACKAGED?
Each custom tattoo will be individually cut to size with a clear cover and be banded and bundled.
HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING AND HANDLING?
U.S. ORDERS: $5 flat fee for all US orders. USPS First-Class with tracking.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Shipping for international orders will be calculated at checkout. Customs/duties/taxes are the responsibility of the customer/recipient.
WHAT SHIPPING METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
We offer a variety of Domestic and International shipping options through the United States Postal Service (USPS) and Federal Express (FedEx). Please note that shipment options are not guaranteed and only an estimate.
FOR U.S. ORDERS:
- USPS First Class Mail (3-6 business days; estimated)
- FedEx Ground (1-5 business days depending on location; estimated).
- Charges apply if you choose any of the following expedited FedEx Domestic shipping options:
- FedEx Priority Overnight (10:30am next business day for most locations; guaranteed)
- FedEx Standard Overnight (3:30pm next business day; guaranteed)
- FedEx 2Day (2 business days; guaranteed)
- FedEx Saver 3Day (3 business days; guaranteed)
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:
Customs/duties/taxes are the responsibility of the customer/recipient.
- USPS Express Mail International (3-5 business days; estimated)
- USPS Priority Mail International (6-10 business days; estimated)
- USPS First Class International (7-21 business days; estimated)
You will see the cost displayed in the shopping cart for the options available for your order. Please remember to add production time (7 business days) for custom temporary tattoos.
*We will also ship by your carrier of choice when you provide your account number and any other necessary information to do so. This does not apply to our U.S. free shipping offer.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURN/REFUND POLICY?My Ink My Story offers a Good Karma Guarantee! This guarantee means that if you are not satisfied with your purchase, or there's an issue with your tattoos, we'd really appreciate if you'd let us know! We'd love the opportunity to make things right for you. Email us at: Hello@MyInkMyStory.com and we will replace the product, credit your account, or refund your purchase price (within 30 days of purchase.). We want you to be satisfied! I mean, who would want bad karma?!
HOW ARE MY TEMPORARY TATTOOS PACKAGED?Each temporary tattoo is individually cut to size and has a clear, protective cover. They are ready to use.
DO YOU CHARGE SALES TAX?
Sales tax is calculated based on the current tax rate of the shipping address listed at the time of purchase.
Are International duties and taxes included in the price of my order?
All recipients of International shipments are responsible for any taxes and import duties, where applicable, that may be charged in the country to which the order is shipped. As with any International shipment, your national customs authority may detain the merchandise and delay its arrival while assessing appropriate duty charges. These taxes and duties differ in each country. Please contact your customs authorities for more information.
NEED TO ASK US SOMETHING?
Please email us at: Hello@myinkmystory.com
Monday-Friday, 9-5pm PST.
Your questions, comments, feedback, and suggestions are truly important to us. We do our best to get back to you right away during business hours, but please allow us 24 hours to respond. We’re closed on weekends, so inquiries after 5pm Friday, will be responded to on Monday.